Do you need help? You don’t know what to do in ACWW and can’t find solution anywhere? Please just put your question here and I’ll try to answer. I’m almost every day on my blog, so answer should come asap.
The most frequently asked questions of you are:
How do I connect my DS to Nintendo Wifi?
First of all you need a wireless router or a Nintendo Wifi stick. The stick is quite easy, you install the drivers with the included CD and I think it’s also well explained there how you use this stick to play over Wifi.
For the wireless router I’ve got following tipps:
1.step: set the router to wep (which the Nintendo DS Wifi is requiring)
1. Open Internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.2.1) into the adress bar to get into the router’s settings
2. If prompted enter the username and password, by default these are both “admin”. Without the quotes obviously. But if you or your parents entered another name and password please use this instead xD
3. Go to the section with “SSID” and set it to something that you will remember. This is the name of your network and will be visible to everyone. Try not to make it your surname or address, choose something else. MAKE A NOTE OF IT.
4. Where it says “Authentication Type” choose WEP128bits and the router will have a little think and present you with a section entitled “WEP”.
5. In the “WEP” section ensure that “Key#1” is selected and then enter a pass phrase. This must be 13 characters and/or numbers long. This is your wireless password so, again, make sure its not obvious and MAKE A NOTE OF IT.
6. Scroll down and hit SUBMIT to save this
2. step: Ok that was all for the router, now your DS
1. Put your ACWW game into the DS, start it
2. Just after you see black screen with “Nintendo”, touch to start and then you’ll be asked like “you came to play, did you?” then don’t press “continue” but the “Other things”
3. Go to “Wi-Fi settings” there
4. Connect to Nintendo
5. go to Nintendo Wifi Connection Settings (the blue box)
6. choose Connection 1 then “Manual Setup”
7. Yay, now you can see there the two options SSID and WEP Key. Edit the SSID and give the name you made a note of it before (it has to be the same name like in the router)
8. Same with the WEP key, both (the router and the DS) need the same WEP key 😉
9. Keep “auto-obtain IP Adress” on “Yes” then save settings or you can even try the “Test Connection” before
10. Be sure that your router is on Wifi mode and you should be able to connect to Nintendo Wifi when you start your ACWW. Just go to Copper at the gates and ask for your FC
Of course routers vary in their structure, but all wireless routers should have an SSID and WEP-section, these are the both important things for connecting to Nintendo-Wifi, hope this little instruction could help you.
I would also recommend to visit Nintendo’s Wifi site, it also has got a nice explanation how to connect your DS to Wifi :
How do you take photos from your DS?
This post will hopefully help you:
How to take photos from your DS
How do I breed hybrids?
I also made once a hybrid guide:
What must I do to get a perfect town?
I will explain it in two ways, the first is in my opinion very complex and hardworking, the second one is much easier but you have to have an good eye of spreading trees and flowers evenly over your town.
1st way: Dividing your town into 16×16 acres
You have to divide your town into 16 acres, and every acre’s is 16×16 squares.
Pic of my town divided into 16 acres
Just start in the left upper corner and put designs on the ground to the right. After 16 designs you go down with another 15 designs and then left again. That’s your first square ^^. Just do it with your whole town until you’ve got it divided like in the pic. (I know it’s a little bit difficult, as there are rivers or bridges or smthg like that – but I think it doesn’t really matter if it’s not 100% correct)
Then you have to put in the squares trees and flowers. This list is from Annie’s ACWW board (I’ve shortened it a bit):
relation between trees and flowers in one square:
0 trees -> 27 flowers
1 tree -> 25 flowers
2 trees -> 23 flowers
3 or 24 trees -> 21 flowers
4 or 23 trees -> 19 flowers
5 or 22trees -> 17 flowers
6 or 21 trees -> 15 flowers
7 or 20 trees -> 13 flowers
8 or 19trees -> 11 flwoers
9 or 18 trees -> 9 flowers
10 or 17 trees -> 7 flowers
11 or 16 trees -> 5 flowers
12-15 trees -> 3 flowers
At least 8 of 16 acresAccording to my blog readers all should be “perfect” to get the PTS. Another thing to do is to weed every day, water the wilted flowers and don’t leave stuff in your town. Then ask every day Pelly or Phyllis for your town rate and on the 16th day you’ll get your golden water can. Ah yes, and you know that your town is still perfect when one jacob’s ladder is growing at these days once a day.
I hope I could help you, I haven’t used this strategy to get the perfect town in the past. I just put trees here and there and put many flowers around my town and suddenly I was in PTS xD.
2nd way: Spread trees and LOADS of flowers over your town
That’s my favourite method to get a perfect town: just buy LOADS of flowers every day from Nook’s shop and spread them over your town. You’ll need around 70~80 flowers at least and I recommend to put two flowers of a kind together that they can breed even more flowers and hybrids ;). Flowers do great job of replacing missing trees but if you have got too much trees, they won’t help and you have to cut some trees until it’s perfect or Pelly is saying that the town needs more trees. Also plant trees on every empty spots, not too close together but also not too far. I’ve got several posts about helping other people to get PTS, so just look in my search mask for PTS and you’ll get a bunch of posts ;).
Fingers crossed for all of you 😉
How can I get an avatar here and what smilies can I use?
You can either have an own blog here on wordpress (just register HERE ) or you can register at http://en.gravatar.com/ to have an avatar on all sites that uses gravatars.
(Tilly, thanks again for this helpful hint)
And wordpress also offer a help site where all smilies are listed:
List of wordpress smilies