… that it’s almost acorn festival in October and it’s the best time to prepare it now?
The second week of October is acorn festival (so therefore I think it’s from October 6th until 12th), where acorns are spread over the town under normal trees (no fruit trees and no cedars). Cornimer – actually it’s Tortimer who dressed himself like an acorn xD – stands outside the townhall to collect all your acorns to give you nice special mushroom items, which you can only get at this time and which can’t be ordered at Nook 😀
There are different kind of acorns:
Rotten Acorns, Small Acorns, Acorns, Round Acorns and Large Acorns
For the mushroom furniture set you need to collect in total:
|Mushroom End Table||
Be aware that you DON’T give ROTTEN ACORNS to Cornimer!
Otherwise your rotten acorns will be deducted from your total and then you might not have enough acorns to collect all mushroom items…
Some hints to have enough acorns in your town:
1. Plant enough normal trees (at least around 15~20), because every day you can collect around 30~40 “good” acorns (it differs from day to day). I think you don’t even have to plant saplings from Nook, just bury 100bells with your golden shovel – as this amount is too less to let a money tree grow, it will be just a “normal” tree. I did it this year, so I can’t guarantee that it will work. But I’m quite sure about it 😉
2. Not under every “normal” trees you can find acorns.
3. The acorns always lie left, right and in front of a tree. If there are designs or flowers around the tree, there won’t be an acorn on this place. That was the reason why I couldn’t collect enough acorns last year. Look at my mistakes:
My path was in the way – one acorn lost
Here even two were lost – and the only acorn was a rotten one 👿
This is a good place for acorns:
All three had enough place to be there ^^
4. Sell all your rotten acorns before you give the rest to Cornimer – it’s really annoying when you give him one accidently.
5. Once you have all mushroom items – collect the rest of acorns for your friends who haven’t got that much, so he/she can bring your acorns to his Cornimer 😉
6. Speak to Cornimer and you get a fortune telling on the rare Tortimer paper:
Last but no least: Cornimer! That’s what he looks like^^:
Any questions left? Don’t hesitate to ask here 😉