… that there’s another way to get foreign bottle mails without Wifi?
That’s a method to get a letter and perhaps present from foreigners you haven’t got in your roster. It was’nt a big interest of me during the last two years but I think I had to try it out at least once. (I did it with two DS’s and with two ACWW games)
First you’ve to prepare yourself before you can go into Tag/Contact Mode:
1. Buy a bottle mail at Nook
2. Perhaps it would be nice if you buy also a present for the other person ^^:
3. Write a letter…
4. … and drag the present into the bottle.
5. Finally release the bottle mail into the river or ocean.
6. Then save your game and restart it and go to “Contact Mode” or “Tag mode” for the English version
7. Rover will appear and he asks you if you want to start the Contact Mode and then you have to shut your DS lid, but still power on.
The idea is now, that you go shopping or to some spot where a lot of people are while having your DS in your bag, hoping that some other people are playing ACWW, too and are also in Tag/Contact Mode… (well, have you ever experienced this?!? I think it must be a very high coincidence to meet other people doing the same crazy thing like you, lol 😆 )
I took the short way and just did the same with the other ACWW game and other DS.
So once they came into contact with each other, they swap their bottle mails and when you open your DS Rover will say:
“It seems that you’ve something received! Start your game!”
9. Ok, then you can choose one chara and start your game as always… The bottle wasn’t in my inventory but you can found it on the beach, like all bottle mails usually can be found there.
10. As you can see it also says the name of the person who sent this bottle away.
Conclusion: Nice idea but I think it’s quite useless, I don’t want to walk with my DS in contact mode all the time, hoping that other people do the same thing- it’s more fun to get bottle mails via Wifi which is much easier to get XD.